We are what you make us
The success of The Women’s Organisation is down to the incredible hard work and dedication of everyone involved, from our investors, commissioners, charitable donors, board members and management team, to our tireless staff and volunteers. Together, we have helped thousands of women to become economically active, to start businesses and to achieve in ways that they never thought possible – and with your help we can do so much more.
How can you help?
We help women in all kinds of ways, and so we need all kinds of support. As a charity, we are constantly seeking financial support, fundraising and donations to pay for our essential work. As an organisation, we rely on the support of successful women, from business and other spheres, who are willing to sponsor our work, share their experience and expertise through master classes and mentoring, board membership and our business club.
If you can help us in any way, we would very much appreciate your support.
We are always on the lookout for inspired and inspiring people who can share their experiences and their wisdom with women who are on the same journey. If you can spare just a little of your time, you could help us by:
- Supporting women – through business connections, recommendations, advice and guidance. We need to work together to level the playing field and make women-led businesses the equal and the norm.
- Becoming a mentor – offering ongoing, one-to-one support to guide new and existing businesswomen through the highs and lows of running a company. Our mentors provide a vital, impartial and independent perspective.
- Joining our boards – we occasionally recruit experienced businesspeople to add to the diversity and expertise of our boards. There are separate boards for the charity and our wholly owned trading arm. These opportunities will be advertised on our website.
- Attending our Business Club – sharing your experience at monthly meetings in an informal networking setting. Our Business Club brings together like-minded women and encourages mutual support and understanding.
- Delivering master classes – to pass on specific skills, techniques and knowledge that will help other women in business. Our master classes cover a wide range of subjects, from finance and accounting to social media and marketing.
- Telling your story – we are always delighted to hear from women who have used our services and gone on to achieve success in their business and their lives. Your story could prove the spark of inspiration that changes someone’s life.
While The Women’s Organisation receives funding support from local and central government and from the European Union, as well as reinvested profits from our trading arm, we are still a charity, and as such we depend on the generosity of our supporters to maintain our full range of activities.
Whether you have benefited from our services in the past, and would like to give something back, or you simply share our vision to empower women both locally and worldwide, there are many ways that you can help with our finances:
- Philanthropic support – you can support The Women’s Organisation through endowments, specific project funding or sponsorship
- Leave a legacy – you can support the Women’s Organisation from your estate by leaving us a legacy in your will. Larger legacies can be targeted at specific projects or areas of need that are close to your heart.
- One off donation - if you would like to make a one off donation to our charity you can do so by paypal, BACS, cash or cheque. Please contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. Every penny counts.
- Friends of The Women’s Organisation – we always need people with energy and enthusiasm to create and organise our fundraising efforts, from major events to on going campaigns.